NTFS & FAT32 in Widows
FAT32 (File Allocation Table): FAT32 is the most common version of the FAT, FAT32 is a good choice for the users who are running multiple OS, while NTFS (New Technology Files System) is the newer drive format which has great security, file by file compression, quotas and file encryption. With Windows built in Disk Management, FAT32 can be converted to NTFS but it is not so easy to convert NTFS back to FAT32.
Windows Make the Conversion between NTFS and FAT32 Difficult
Why converting NTFS back to FAT32 cannot be easily reached? There are two main reasons:
- 1. If the partition is larger than 32GB, we are not allowed to format the NTFS partition as FAT32 file system even the partition is empty. This is the inherent limitation in Windows.
- 2. If the partition stores important data, format NTFS partition to FAT32 will cause everything erased as well.
How to Convert NTFS to FAT32 with Data Integrity?
Fortunately, there's available solution for users to choose, that is, Macrorit Disk Partition Expert, it was given the feature of converting NTFS to FAT32 and keep data intact as well. So following article covers a look at the conversion from NTFS to FAT32 in general and also includes related useful tips.
Convert NTFS to FAT32 in 2 Steps
Download the corresponding editions in download center, you are allowed to test the program as trial version without registration. The trial version cannot perform the actual convert task, so if you are satisfied with the testing, you could upgrade the trail version to full version to reach the conversion.
Launch the program, we get the main interface and follow the steps below:
Step 1: Right click H partition and select "Convert To FAT32" in drop down menu, and confirm the task in the new pop out window.
Step 2: After clicking “OK”, back to the main window, the operation is pending for accomplish. Click “Commit” to submit the task.
Tips: The “Undo”, “Redo” button are used for correcting the operations. All the changes will be checked in the “Pending Operations” box.
- Move or backup the file(s) larger than 4GB,
because FAT32 partition imposes the 4GB file limitation by design.
- Remove or backup the compressed files.
- Backup the encrypted files or decrypt the files.
- Keep the cluster size as default to avoid other errors.
- Macrorit Disk Partition Pro Edition
- Test Environment:
- Windows 7 32 Bbit / Windows 10 64 Bit
- Convert H: partition NTFS to FAT32 partition on Disk 2
All in all, this software can simplify the conversion from NTFS to FAT32 and keep data security as well. All the process will finish in a few seconds without rebooting the OS. If you are finding a program to convert NTFS to FAT32 partition for your PS3 or XBOX 360 external hard drive, Macrorit Disk Partition Software worth trying, you can also find out ways to extend FAT32 partition when game partition is not possessing much space.
All-in-one Solution for Companies and Technical Providers
Macrorit Disk Partition has special customized partition magic editions for server use , companies use or technical providers. Unlimited Edition and Technician Edition, they are allowed unlimited usage on multiple computers.
- Adding Unallocated Space to Server Existing System Partition
- Resize Partition for Windows Server 2008/2012
- Resize Partition for Windows Server 2003 Guide
- Move Free Space from One to Another
- Extend/Increase System C Partition Size for Windows 10 and Server
- C Drive Running out of Space and Best Solution