Seagate 4tb Internal Hard Drive Partition Software
Seagate has its own disk partition software called Seagate DiscWizard, design of which is much more like Windows snap-in tool Disk management New Simple Volume Wizard, who need some clicks to add and install new hard disk, but with more functions and more powerful build in than Disk management, you can make new partition, backup-restore and even make disk clone in DiscWizard, although it has no functions like resize/move partition, it's still a good option to partition new disks.
How to partition 4TB internal hard drive in DiscWizard:
- 1. Run the program after new disk added and click Tools and Utilities > Add New Disk;
- 2. In the Add New Disk Wizard window, select the new disk first and then click Next;
- 3. Click Initialize disk in GPT Iayout, we now use this 4TB hard drive as data disk, (but if you're using Windows XP 32-bit, you may not say this option); and click Next;
- 4. In the partition creation tab, we need to specify partition size, file system, partition letter, and partition label; (Primary and Logical options are only active for MBR disks);
- 5. Click Accept to finish these steps and create one new partition;
Yes, it's much more the same as create partition in Windows Disk management; steps are almost the same in New Simple Volume Wizard, so I think the main purpose of downloading this wizard to many users is to backup and restore data with ease. For you reference, we also has guides on how to partition new disk in Windows Disk Management with screenshots and solutions when New Simple Volume option greyed out.
Either the Seagate partition software or the Disk management tool, they are good and fast program in creating new partitions on new disk, but what if we already have 4TB partition installed and partitioned, and all we need is just to resize one partition but don't want to spend much time to do the backup and restore thing on such amount of data, what shall we do?
Then we need the partition software which is capable of resizing partition without touching data, the program shall keep data safe during operating. Follow the steps below to resize Seagate 4TB partition without data loss:
- 1. Run Partition Expert (You can download the portable edition here);
- 2. Click on the partition you need to resize, the partition with more capacity and more free space, to be more specific, and click Resize/Move Volume to continue;
- 3. In the resize partition window, click and hold the handle on the left to shrink the large partition, or just simple type partition size to decrease this partition; Click OK;
- 4. Resize smaller partition by clicking Resize Move Volume and holding the right handle to extend this partition;
- 5. Click OK and Commit;
Of course, Partition Expert is also good at initializing new disk and creating new partitions on New Seagate 4TB or 5TB internal hard drive. When disk management fails you in some way, try this third-party partition software for free.