Software to Resize Server 2008 partition
Since Server 2008 disk management has already added two more functions to resize partition, (extend and shrink volume), why should we rely on server partition software to do so? Well, because there're limitations of windows disk management, check the list below:
- File system of the partition being resized is limited to NTFS, FAT32 partitions are not in the supported scope, although FAT32 is still widely used.
- When using Extend Volume in windows disk management, there should be continues unallocated space to the partition, or Extend Volume will gray out.
- Extend Volume can be active when the partition being extended is in dynamic disk, but not the disk contains Windows Server system
As a matter of fact, there're more inconveniences in extending system partition in Windows Disk management when actual operating. How to resize server 2008 partition with ease? Windows server partition software Macrorit Disk Partition Expert Server is the one we're going to share.
Resize server system partition in Windows 2008 can also be accomplished in disk management with ease if there're no such limitations mentioned above on your server disk. Extend volume is here for you, just follow extend partition wizard in disk management and you have server C Drive extended, that's also the solution on low disk space warning message.
However, not all the disks are unallocated space free, especially for server administrators, disk space are will distributed for better providing services for others, one more partition means more revenues to server owners. So it's not an option for server users to resize partition in build in disk managing tool under such a premise.
As for server partition software, Macrorit Disk Partition Expert won't ask users to create unallocated space on deleted partitions, but will resize the very partition with free space from other partitions on the same disk. Therefore, data in each partition stays intact, and that's what disk management doesn't have: Move free space.
Here're Steps to resize server 2008 partition without losing data, you can find 3 ways of resizing server partition, extending C Drive for example, by click the link.
In addition, Partition Expert manages Extended Partition as well as Primary partition; resize logical partition is another common operation Partition Expert, but a troublesome task in Windows Disk Management. Besides, this server partition manager has more functions work with server system well. Download and have a try.
More about this Software
Macrorit Disk Partition Expert is different from other partition software, in the following ways:
- Disaster-recovery technology: keeps data safe even when the disk is suffering from disaster in software-level and physical level; we sometimes mentioned this unique skill as disaster-protection or power-off protection in our articles.
- Cancel-at-will technology: It's not like UNDO to pending operations; it's truly cancel operation on disk managing. With this technology, you can cancel Resizing progress when resizing program is actually running. What's advantage of this?
To save time. Disk size is getting larger and larger, partition size also increases along with this increasing. Time spend in large partition resizing will be much longer than small size resizing, so when you want redistribute disk space and in order to prevent misoperation, Macrorit worked out cancel-at-will technology to save server admins' time.