Many Computer companies have OED partition in their computer, they may not well distributed disk space, like Dell laptop or desktop, many take much free space on C Drive, or reserved large capacity of size even when the hard drive has only small volume. So we can delete OEM partition in Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP and LENOVO. Etc.
We can delete OEM partition using diskpart command line, or using free partition manager software Macrorit Disk Partition Expert.
Delete OEM Partition using Diskpart
Diskpart command line is a powerful disk manager in Windows PC, here're the steps to delete OEM partition in Windows 10:
- Press Win+R to open Run box, and type diskpart, press Enter to Run;
- Type the following commands when diskpart window show:
- list volume;
- sel volume 6; (you can select your own OEM volume)
- delete volume override;
This is the fastest way to delete OEM partition in diskpart; there's another way to do the same job, FYI, still in diskpart:
- Run Diskpart;
- Type in the following commands:
- list disk;
- sel disk #;
- list partition;
- sel partition #;
- delete partition override;
If you are not sure which one is the OEM partition, you can check it in Disk management, or in our software Partition Expert.
Delete OEM partition in Partition Expert
If you are looking for software with friendly graphic-interface instead of command lines, Partition Expert is the best choice to delete OEM partition, here are the steps:
- Download Partition Expert Free Edition, install, and run;
- Click OEM partition, and select Delete Volume from left operation column;
- Confirm it by Clicking OK and Commit.
When disk management Delete Volume Greyed out, you can try the methods we introduced to delete partition, not only OEM partition, but also any other partitions, by the way, Delete All Partitions in the option listed in Partition Expert.