How to Erase All Personal Data on Computer
There're 3 ways to erase all personal data on computer before you get rid of old disk, if you want to keep the disk and reuse it again, you can wipe free space in system partition first and then wipe all the data partition, in this way, the computer is running on a clean system; or you can wipe out all data on the disk, and reinstall system again, the method is also applies to users who want to install another clean system.
But if you don't want to use old disk anymore, just destroy it physically.
Method 1, wipe free space in C Drive and erase all data partition
In this way, we wiped out all personal data stored in each partition, if you don't have much data in logical partition, and want to keep operating system, then check C Drive again, and find if there's any customized folders created by you. Find them and delete them, do as follow to wipe them clean:
- In Macrorit Data Wiper, click C Drive first, and select Free space only to wipe, the listed five wiping schemes are different overwriting methods, for yourself use, choose the quick way (first 3 ways, the left column) is the enough; for other users, choose DoD wiping method is recommended;
- Click Wipe Now, and confirm Wipe in the dialog box to Start wipe;
- After C Drive been wiped, click each data partition and Wipe.
Method 2, Wipe entire disk and reinstall Windows system
To wipe entire disk when the system is running, Macrorit Data Wiper is definitely the best option, because you can do this without CD, which means you don't have to reboot again and do the wipe step to erase system. The bootable CD is used for reinstalling system, by the way. Now do as follow to wipe entire hard drive:
- In Macrorit Data Wiper, click Entire Drive first, and select wiping scheme from #2 column, and Click Disk 1 (That's where system installed on);
- Click Wipe Now, input Wipe to confirm the step and Click Strat to Wipe;
- Reboot, insert Windows system bootable CD to reinstall Windows.
Method 3, destroy the hard drive physically
physically destroy the hard drive is to destroy the magnetic platter in it, simply hammer on it is not correct, disassemble the hard drive and take out the magnetic platter, smash it or just smash the entire hard drive, then you can rest assured.
Of course, you can find more ways to destroy entire hard drive physically, burn it, saw it or ice it, anyway, remember to check the hard drive again, backup essential personal data before you destroy it.