How to defrag hard disk from command prompt? Command prompt in Windows 10 is different from it in Windows Vista. So follow my step to defrag hard drives in Windows 10.
1. type cmd in search box or Cortana box. Run command prompt.exe as administrator.
2. type "defrag ?" first to see syntax in this command
3. type defrag C: /U /V
As all in one partition magic software, Partition Expert can defrag disk partitions within one click. Following are the steps and screenshots to do so.
1. Run Partition Expert, click one partition to defrag
2. Click Defragment in the operations column, or right-click to run.
3. In the popup windows, click OK to go on