Wipe hard drive program Macrorit Disk Partition Wiper completely wipes ALL hard drive or external storage information including your personal data, programs, viruses , malware and spyware without any chance of recovery even for the pro recovery tools. Support for wipe Windows 10 hard drive, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
Wipe Hard Drive Before Selling Or Donating
In order to keep your privacy, it's best to wipe hard drive as an empty one before selling or donating. It's also acceptable for people we reuse your hard drive, maybe they do not care what was in there, but what were not in there, like: Virus, Malware, and Spyware. So wipe hard drive to a clean one is a win-win plan.
Wipe a hard drive from command prompt
- 1. take partition G: for example, press WIN+R and type CMD in the RUN box
- 2. type: format g: /fs:ntfs /p:1
- 3. Command prompt will say:
WARNING, All DATA ON NON-REMOVABLE DISK DRIVE G: WILL BE LOST! Proceed with Format (Y/N)?
- 4. type Y, enter
- 5. after it finished, it will ask:
Volume label (32 characters, ENTER for none)?
*: the syntax: "format g: /fs: ntfs /p: 1" means format G: partition with file system NTFS and rewrite this partition with zero 0, including both free space and stored data in this partition.
How to wipe primary partition, Boot partition?
Method 1: wipe primary partition with CD
Note: wipe hard drive and reinstall windows 7 64 bit/32 bit or windows 10 when you have system disc or USB
Method 2: Wipe Hard Drive No Disc, Wipe Hard Drive without CD
No hard drive manager can wipe hard drive without CD but Macrorit Disk Partition Wiper, you can wipe the whole disk including boot partition, primary partition, system partition, when system is running, wipe everything including Wiper itself. Take Disk 2 for example in below screenshot:
- 1. Download, install and Run Macrorit Disk Partition Wiper.
- 2. have a quick view of the interface; > choose Enter Drive: from Wiping Method column.
- 3. choose Fill sectors with zero from Security column
- *: There are five kinds of security in this column:
- 4. click Wipe Now; > type WIPE in the popup windows to Wipe the entire hard drive