How to Change File System to Fat32
Although this is the age of NTFS file system, it's not applies for Sony Play Station and Microsoft XBOX 360 players, because their devices won't recognize NTFS but FAT32. In Window Disk Management, the snap-in partition manager, is capable of create FAT32 partitions, but let's check how it works:
Steps to create FAT32 partition in Disk Management:
- In Disk Management, (key in "diskmgmt.msc" in Run dialog box, which can be run by pressing Win + R); right-click one partition, and select "Format…";
- In the pop up window, choose FAT32 in file system row;
- Leave the default setting checked on "Perform a quick format";
- Click OK to the format warning message and you have a FAT32 partition.
What's the problem in these steps? Well format will erase everything in the partition is the problem. Many of the players actually don't want to erase files or folders, which may have other games in. They just want to change file system to FAT32 without formatting or deleting any data, this requirement is not unreasonable; we do have options to convert NTFS to FAT32 without formatting.
Free NTFA to FAT32 Converter from Macrorit Company, is the best option to change file system from NTFS to FAT32 without touching any of your disk data, it only converts file system and keeps personal settings the same as before.
Here's the guide page on how to convert NTFS to FAT32 in Macrorit Disk Partition Expert, the all-in-one partition software for all Windows OS. But I'll show you how to do the job in the small system utility NTFS to FAT32 Converter:
- Download Portable Edition of NTFS to FAT32 Converter, and run it; NO, you don't have to install it, it's truly portable software, just double click exe file and run;
- In the main window, disk(s) map is loaded, now click one partition and hit "Convert Now";
- Click OK to confirm and Converter will do the rest;
What's the advantage of Converter? Well, Converter just changed the file system to FAT32 and kept everything in the partition.
Is it free? Yes, NTFS to FAT32 Converter is free, forever.