How to use Lexar Jumpdrive format Tool
I'm looking for a USB disk storage format tool for my Lexar jumpdrive USB flash drive, problems with Lexar is that sometimes it doesn't show full capacity, so I need to reformat it even when Windows tell it's write-protected and was unable to format or having other problems.
These're problems some users of have met on 32GB and 128GB editions, when the above mentioned issues happen to your Lexar, don't worry, we can reformat it and we can also change file system from exFAT to NTFS with easy in USB format tool Macrorit Partition Expert.
How to format Lexar Jumpdrive in disk managing software
The Lexar Jumpdrive becomes slow on file transferring and Windows keep warning me the flash drive had errors, weird errors on it, some of the video files crap out and the shows wrong date on the files I just copied from File Explorer; Sometimes Windows cannot recognize this USB drive unless you rebooted or tried other USB ports;
Here's how we can format it in Partition Expert
- Download Macrorit Partition Expert Free Edition, for Windows 10, Windows 7 and other Windows Client System Users for free. As an all-in-one tool, Macrorit can do more than Disk Management; besides, this system utility has portable edition too.
- Run the exe file and disk map is loaded in the main window
- Right-click on Lexar Jumpdrive and choose Format Volume from the menu;
- Now Macrorit Partition Expert Format Volume window opens, in which listed Capacity, file system, cluster size, and the checked box Quick format. We can select NTFS here and cluster size to 4K, 8K or even 32K and 64K;
- Click OK and Commit to format Lexar USB drive.
We can also do the same job in cmd command prompt with the following orders:
diskpart; > list disk; > select disk ###; > format
And there're other options on how to format partition or disk in Windows 10
Wipe Lexar USB Drive Clean
After formatted, however, problems are still there and the USB drive is still performance poor. In the situation, we might have known that it has a high possibility of being affecting, by virus or malware, and it's necessary to make it clean. But Disk management doesn't have functions like erase or wipe, we have to do it in third-party disk tools.
- Download another system tool from Macrorit, Data Wiper is the name, and portable edition is always recommended, especially for wiping mission intended
- Run it and click Lexar to Wipe, make sure you selected Wipe Entire Drive and picked up on wiping method from the listed schemes
- Confirm and type Wipe to Start. Now the drive is uninitialized
- Run Partition Expert again, and right-click to initialize Lexar Jumpdrive
Try to copy some files to portable drive and check if it runs faster than before.
Build Bootable USB Drive on Lexar Jumpdrive
USB can be burned to bootable media in Macrorit Disk Partition New version, which makes managing disk easier and faster in WinPE system. It's quick helpful for IT services providers and home geeks. Now you can insert Lexar Jumpdrive and do the following to create bootable ISO file and burn it to USB:
- Run the software and click Build Bootable CD
- Click NEXT for two times and Finish for the last time, you'll find the ISO file is on the desktop
- Turn to Rufus now, a burning tool; choose Lexar from the "Device" Dropdown menu
- Choose File system, cluster size, and set new volume label
- Check Device for bad blocks, pass 1 and check Quick format
- Create a bootable disk using ISO image, click PartExpert_WinPE.iso
- Click Start and Wait for a short while.
CD/DVD or other recordable media is also OK for creating bootable disc.