Resize Partition Windows 2008 64 Bit
Windows Server 2008 64 bit Edition is the common choice of big companies, so it's important to hire a third party server partition software for administrators, but in this field, we have many partition managers available, how to choose the best from them, which one can better resize partition on Windows 2008 64 bit, we'll list some useful information before you buy it.
As you may have tried Windows Disk management in Server 2008, resize partition, extend partition, to be more accurate, can be a headache if you don't want to delete partition for activating Extend Volume option.
Why Disk Management Fails
Windows Disk management in Server 2008 64 bit can do basic partition job like extend volume and shrink volume, but steps to resize partition are not convenient, because unallocated space is needed for partition extending. What's more, supported file system in disk management is limited to NTFS instead of FAT32, we have to do a lot to successfully extend C Drive if we're using FAT32 file system and have no unallocated space followed to system partition.
That's why disk management often fails to extend partition in Server system, when Extend Volume greyed out, we're about to find disk management alternative software instead of active that option.
Server Partition Manager to Replace Disk Management
As we're looking for Windows disk management replacement, it should be powerful and useful, better to have all-in-one solutions on disk managing, we listed many features that proper partition manager should have, and here's the requirement on how to Choose the best Partition Software:
- Safe : Many partition software would claim they're safe in Server system, but many of them don't deserve the name "safe", so before purchasing, we shall ask them what technology you're using on the product to sure it's safety? What are the details on your safe insurances?
- Portable : Server admins would always manage server disks with a portable device full of server managing tools, it's better to have portable partition software which can be directly launched from USB or external hard drives. Partition Expert has portable edition available since the first version released.
- Fast: this is another word every producer would use on software marketing, how to distinguish them? Practice is the sole criterion for testing truth.
- 32 bit and 64 bit separate package: it's better to have separate package for different system, if you have 32 bit edition runs on 64 bit system, that'll performance poor than the 64 bit edition. Macrorit have different package for 32 bit system and 64 bit system, run the proper one directly from the portable package.
FYI, Macrorit Disk Partition Expert Server Edition build in disaster-recovery technology to ensure data safety when resizing, and cancel-at-will technology for you to better manage disk space and saves time for partition space redistributing. Here is the detailed information on our unique technology.
BTW, here are the detailed steps on how to resize partition in Windows Server 2008 64 bit with screenshots.
How to check my server is 32 bit or 64 bit
Method 1: View the System window in Control Panel
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
- Type system in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.
- Tap or click System.
If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows 8, 64-bit Operating System is displayed in the System type field under the System heading. If you are running a 32-bit version of Windows 8, 32-bit Operating System is displayed in the System type field under the System heading.
But the fastest way is to Run Partition Expert, and OS version is shown at the bottom line, check the screenshot below:
Choose the right server partition software is essential for Windows 2008 disk managing, Partition Expert outstanding itself in it's safe, fast, portable and proper package on 32 bit and 64 bit OS version. And there're more features in Partition Expert for Server 2008 64 bit. Click the below link to download.