How long will it take to wipe my drive?
How much time will the software take to wipe my drive completely?
It depends on the wiping methods you're using, in Macrorit Data Wiper, we provide 5 wiping schemes, they can overwrite data for 1, 3, and 7 passes, the more passes you choose, and the longer time it will take. For home use, first 3 methods are quick and enough; for commercial use, DoD wiping methods are recommended.
Besides, wiping speed is affected by:
- Hard drive capacity;
- System performance;
- Bad sectors;
- Server life of disk;
Hence we could not be able to estimate the time taken by the software to complete wiping process.
Macrorit Data Wiper Related FAQs:
- What is the limitation in Free Edition?
- Can I wipe a Network storage device?
- Difference between Pro +Edition and Unlimited Edition?
- Will Macrorit Data Wiper securely erase partitions?
- What are the system requirements for Data Wiper?
- How to setup Macrorit Data Wiper software?
- How to use Macrorit Data Wiper software?
- How long will it take to wipe my drive?
- Can I wipe data from CD?
- Do you have paper certificate or e-certificate?
- Can I wipe the entire drive or partitions of a drive?
- Can I wipe the entire OS drive?
- What is the status of wiped hard drives?
- How to check if I wiped my hard drive successfully?
- How to activate the software?
- I lost my license, what can I do?
- Are Multiple Passes Necessary?